Knowing the message you want to convey to your target audience is important (read: crucial!) to create all of your marketing collateral, no matter how insignificant you think it might be. For instance, your social media profiles, business cards, newsletters, websites and promotions for your products and services should all consistently incorporate the same look, feel and message of your brand vision.
It’s important for me to note before we go any further – do NOT become a victim of Analysis Paralysis! I know you have done it (I have more times then I care to remember) but over-analyzing every little detail of the execution will prevent you from ever seeing results in your business. In addition, one of the ways to identify a brand vision for yourself is to actually start branding. There will be tweaks and changes along the way, but at least you’ve started, right?!
Now that you’ve made the decision to start, here are 3 very important steps to create your profitable brand vision.
- Understand Where You Are Now – I don’t mean physically, but where are you in business? Maybe you’re just starting out with little or no clients. Or maybe you’ve been in business for a few years, but can’t seem to break through the income plateau? Take a look at who you are naturally attracting, is that you’re the ideal client? Is she coming to you because she knows the service that you’re providing and that was your intention? Remember, people are buying the solution you provide. When they make an investment with you it’s because they’ve emotionally brought into YOU (Your Own Uniqueness).
If the client showing up to work with you isn’t who you’d consider an ideal client or she’s showing up expecting a different outcome than the solution you provide, you haven’t clearly communicated your brand vision.
- Where Do You Want To Be – So, you’re not where you want to be in business. You don’t have a steady stream of clients and the clients that are showing up, aren’t your intended target, now what? I recently attended a marketing conference and we were challenged to create a “vision map” for our businesses in 2013. Thankfully we were given time right on the spot to complete a good portion of the map. In that short period of time, I really felt like I had created a good foundation for my marketing and branding calendar for next year. In addition, I was forced to put some things into action right away so that they could be fully executed next year.
If you’ve never heard of “vision mapping” or think that it’s some type of ‘woo-woo, pie-in-the-sky’ idea that has no impact on your business, that could be part of the reason you’re struggling to see results. Just think of it as your daily ‘to-do’ list written out for the next 3, 6, and 9 months. Without a clear vision, with measurable outcomes attached, you’ll continue to lack profits in your business.
(I’ve linked to an example of a vision map above, but yours’ doesn’t have to be complicated. If the thought of vision mapping intimidates you, just download a blank 2013 calendar and start filling in dates. You can fill in the details later using the guidelines from the vision map example.)
- What Will It Take To Get You There? (Your brand vision!) – Now that you know where you are in relation to where you want to be, it’s time to execute the visioning process. That process involves:
- Knowing your ideal client. (You can download my Ideal Client Profile Checklist here)
- Knowing the problem of your ideal client
- Knowing how your service solves the problem for your ideal client
- Positioning your brand in front of your ideal client (Go to where they live and speak their language!)
If you are interested in doing a Vision Mapping session to create your compelling Brand Vision, email me at info@ProfitableBusinessBrands.com. Let me help you create a Profitable Brand in 2013!
Much Success & Happy Branding!!
P.S. – If you were forwarded this article, please sign up to join my mailing list to get up to speed on all things Profitable Branding. Or you can send a Tweet out to sign up on Twitter. As always, your support is much appreciated!
Kelly Green is YOUR Profitable Brand development strategist! Empowering passion-driven, solo-service professionals to break through the income plateau by building a masterful brand that will increase brand awareness, attract more clients and position you as THE go-to person in your market. Learn from a 15-year marketing veteran of the entertainment industry the Insider Branding Secrets to propel your Personal Brand to superstar status! Get more visibility, more clients and more money!